Saturday, September 5, 2015

September 5, 2015 - Saturday

O God, by your name save me.
By your strength defend my cause.
O God, hear my prayer.
Listen to the words of my mouth. (Psalm 54:3-4 NABRE)

How do we fight despair? How do we maintain hope? The Psalmist gives us perfect guidance in today's passage when he calls on the name of God, knowing that is sufficient to save and defend him.

O God, save me from the enemy's attacks. All my hope rests in you alone, and I know you hear my prayer. Please, listen to the prayer of my heart and my mouth. Guard my soul.


Today, I will call on God by name, confident in his protection.


Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta, who was called to “follow Christ into the slums to serve him among the poorest of the poor,” pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment