Monday, September 1, 2014

September 1, 2014 - Monday

The thief must no longer steal, but rather labor, doing honest work with his [own] hands, so that he may have something to share with one in need.  (Ephesians 4:28 NABRE)


More than this, Saint Paul is talking about our new selves baptized in the Spirit and giving us strong guidance for living our new lives.

He tells us to avoid lying, stealing, bitterness, fury, anger, shouting, reviling, and malice.  Instead, we are to labor at honest work, share with others in need, be truthful, kind, compassionate, and forgiving.


Today, I will live deliberately in the Spirit, removing from my day those activities I should avoid and substituting those activities that strengthen my walk with my God.


Saint Giles, patron of beggars and the disabled, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment