Friday, September 26, 2014

September 26, 2014 - Friday

Even to your old age I am he,
even when your hair is gray I will carry you;
I have done this, and I will lift you up,
I will carry you to safety. (Isaiah 46:4 NABRE)


God is God. There is no other equal to him. In stark contrast, we read that at the time of Isaiah, nearly 2800 years ago, man-made gods cast in gold or silver had to be carried by men. Here the one true God explains how he carries his people through this life and protects them.  Even today, thousands of years later, God remains and he is faithful to his word!

Lord, I praise you. You alone are worthy of my praise. Thank you for the many times in my life when you have carried me through suffering, trials, temptations, and the many results of my own weakness. I trust in your Word, and I know you will lift me up, carry me and keep me safe.


Today, I will give praise to God because he carries me safely through life's difficult times.


Saint Cosmas and Damian, third century martyrs in Syria, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment