Wednesday, September 10, 2014

September 10, 2014 - Wednesday

Peter said, “I have neither silver nor gold, but what I do have I give you: in the name of Jesus Christ the Nazorean, [rise and] walk.”
Then Peter took him by the right hand and raised him up, and immediately his feet and ankles grew strong.
He leaped up, stood, and walked around, and went into the temple with them, walking and jumping and praising God. (Acts 3 6-8 NABRE)


Suddenly, after receiving the Holy Spirit at Pentecost, Peter begins performing miracles in the name of Jesus Christ.  It is only in Jesus' name that he is able to give these signs.  And we do rely on our signs.  In this case, the sign led at least this one man to understand the saving power of Jesus and to begin praising God.

Lord, help me to be watchful for signs of your presence and involvement in my day.  Keep me aware of all the small ways in which you mark my trail for me.  Though there is much to see and distract me along my journey, make me have keen eyes for your markers so that I may stay on the right path that leads me home to you.




Today, I will seek stillness within, so that I will recognize God's presence there.


Pedro de Corpa and Companions, martyrs for the law of God, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment