Thursday, October 23, 2014

October 23, 2014 - Thursday

Two are better than one: They get a good wage for their toil.
If the one falls, the other will help the fallen one. (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10a NABRE)


These modern days, we talk of introverts and extroverts. Some who are extroverts are more inclined to seek the company of and interactions with other people. Others who are introverts seek the solitude and quiet of a more solitary life. Recognizing the degree to which each of us inclines in one direction or the other is important.

Understanding which of these personality traits is more dominant in myself has value. When I know my own preference, I can use it to strive toward my best. When I don't know my preference, I can be pulled easily in different directions, limiting my effectiveness in life's pursuits.

We can call it personality, preference, style, inclination or choice, but really it is a gift from God which we can use to his glory and for his praise.

Are you more of an introvert or an extrovert? How can you use such a gift for the Lord's glory?

Today, I will harness the power of my gifts to give praise to God.


Saint Hilarion, who sought a life of solitude and prayer but instead found fame and many followers, pray for us.
Saint John of Capistrano, optimist, defender of the faith, and patron of judges, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment