Friday, October 3, 2014

October 3, 2014 - Friday

“Whoever boasts, should boast in the Lord.”
For it is not the one who recommends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord recommends. (2 Corinthians 10:17-18 NABRE)


Saint Paul's words reminded both the faithful in Corinth and us today that we should boast about the amazing works of God. Those who boast too much about themselves forget it is the Lord's approval they should seek, not the approval of other people.*

One of the greatest boasts in God ever expressed is attributed to Mary as she accepts her role as his servant and the mother of Jesus.  She expresses her joy and exultation in the Lord* in the opening words of the prayer we have come to call The Magnificat.

And Mary said:
“My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord;
my spirit rejoices in God my savior. (Luke 1:46-55)


Today, I will express my great joy at the wonders God does in our lives!  And I will boast!


Saint Theodora Guérin, who reminds us, “With Jesus, what shall we have to fear?” pray for us.
Our Lady of the Rosary, mother of Jesus* and our spiritual mother, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment