Tuesday, October 28, 2014

October 28, 2014 - Tuesday

I give thanks to my God at every remembrance of you,
praying always with joy in my every prayer for all of you,
because of your partnership for the gospel from the first day until now. (Philippians 1:3-5 NABRE)


What a great way to start a letter to friends! Paul tells his fellow believers in Philippi how grateful he is for them and how much joy fills him because of their faithfulness to the gospel! I feel much the same, as though we have become a small community of believers, here, over this daily Bible reflection.

For me, having the chance to share my personal morning reflection and prayer time with you has been an unexpected gift from God, though I intended to make it just a small gift to my children--a chance to share my own prayer life with them. Praise the Lord for the ways he works! And so, I pray for you right now.

Lord my God, thank you for those who join me each day in praise and thanksgiving. You know each of our hearts. Please hear our prayers as we know you do, and answer them. Please give us the awareness of your presence in our lives so that we may boldly be partners for the gospel along with our brothers and sisters in Philippi.

It is good to realize just how much we all have in common. So, I'd like to share what I think is a special gift with you--another way that I've found to help keep my thoughts on the Lord during the day is by listening to Relevant Radio, "Talk radio for Catholic life." My first reaction was, not interested! But I listened a little and was surprised to find I was encouraged, challenged and surprised. I kept returning primarily because I was surprised to hear others praying and speaking as I do, from all over the country. We are not alone in our spiritual lives, we have many who join us in bringing the gospel to life in our culture and in our world. Check it out. I listen with the mobile app!


Today, I will pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy for your intentions. 


Saints Simon and Jude, Apostles of Jesus, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment