Wednesday, October 8, 2014

October 8, 2014 - Wednesday

As they prayed, the place where they were gathered shook, and they were all filled with the holy Spirit and continued to speak the word of God with boldness. (Acts 4:31 NABRE)


Just after Jesus ascended, his friends were filled with the the Holy Spirit and their prayers change as a result.  Their thoughts were no longer for themselves, but for others. They asked for courage to speak boldly about Jesus despite threats all around them.

When I pray, how often do I pray for others?  When I pray for myself, is it for the courage to speak boldly about Jesus of Nazareth, the Christ, our Savior, the Son of God?

Lord, may your Holy Spirit guide my prayer life by drawing me deeper into relationship with you.  May the prayers of my heart be for others in need of your mercy. Guard me from all who would gather against your kingdom.  Merciful Jesus, turn the heads of the lost so that they might again see your face.  Lift the veil from their eyes so that they might again recognize your presence in others around them.  Heal us all so that our pain cannot separate us from you.


Today, I will pray for all who experience separation from God.


Saint Elizabeth, patron of expectant mothers, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment