Tuesday, March 17, 2015

March 17, 2015 - Tuesday

Turn away your face from my sins;
blot out all my iniquities.
A clean heart create for me, God;
renew within me a steadfast spirit. (Psalm 51:11-12 NABRE)

We seek what is good, but we still have a remarkable ability to miss the mark! Even when our focus is on all the right things--things Jesus calls us to do, we struggle and make mistakes. It is amazing really, that even while we are so focused on honesty, for example, we can suddenly realize we've been turning a blind eye to the poor who live in our midst, ignoring the injustice being done to them despite our stunning prosperity!

In contrast, the fruits of the Spirit are "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control." (Galatians 5:22-23a)

Lord, I recognize that it is you alone who can create a clean heart for me. It is you alone who can renew within me a faithful and firm spirit. I know that only you can blot out my sins and forgive what has offended you. I ask you, Lord, for your mercy. Please, turn your face from my sins. Illuminate my mind and protect me. 

Holy Spirit, I desire to bear your fruit in this world which suffers in so many ways, such that its seeds may fall on fertle soil and grow, bringing abundantly your gifts to us all.


Today, I will pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, seeking a strong spirit of faith to confront my own sinfulness and to bolster my trust in the Holy Spirit of God.


Saint Patrick, patron of engineers, Ireland and Nigeria, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment