Monday, March 23, 2015

March 23, 2015 - Monday

He guides me along right paths
for the sake of his name.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff comfort me. (Psalm 23:3B-4 NABRE)

When we put our faith in the Lord, we don't get a free pass from the trials of this life. Rather we get a guide, someone who knows the safe way and shows it to us. The Lord leads us along the path of goodness when we are surrounded by evils. Yet, we have no need to fear these evils because the Lord protects us as well. He leads and protects us. What a profound comfort that brings.

Lord, I humbly thank you for leading me along the path of my life. I am grateful beyond words for the presence of your Holy Spirit within me, guiding me, providing for me when I'm most desperately in need, and protecting me from the evil that surrounds me.


Today, I will meditate on the guidance and protection God provides me with in each moment.


Saint Turibius of Mogrovejo, who shows us how to love others as they need it, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment