Wednesday, March 25, 2015

March 25, 2015 - Wednesday

Surely, I wait for the LORD;
who bends down to me and hears my cry,
Draws me up from the pit of destruction,
out of the muddy clay,
Sets my feet upon rock,
steadies my steps,
And puts a new song in my mouth,
a hymn to our God.
Many shall look on in fear
and they shall trust in the LORD. (Psalm 40:2-4 NABRE)

Sing to our God! Is there any more perfect way to celebrate that His protection is upon all who trust in him? It is through his will alone that we are saved spiritually, just as the psalmist describes the way the Lord saves him from the swampy pit, placing him on firm earth.*

Lord, I thank you for bending down to hear my cry. I am grateful to you for drawing me to safety and filling me with song so that I can share in your praise. Thank you for awareness--the sense of your unapproachable greatness, and for this heart which trusts in you always. Thank you for this moment and for the day to come.


Today, on this feast of the Annunciation of the Lord, I will trust in the Lord's call on my life, and despite my own sinfulness and fear, consent myself wholeheartedly to his will as best I can, and as Mary did.


Saint Joseph, Husband of Mary and patron of fathers, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment