Wednesday, March 18, 2015

March 18, 2015 - Wednesday

Praise. Of David.
I will extol you, my God and king;
I will bless your name forever and ever.
Every day I will bless you;
I will praise your name forever and ever. (Psalm 145:1-2 NABRE)

The other day I had a conversation with a few people about our favorite places to pray and where we felt most at peace. Not surprisingly, several people mentioned they pray at home, outside if possible. Others described being most at peace by water, on a mountain top, or in the worship space of a favorite church.

But what about praying in real life? What about praying in the chaos? If we take our queue from Jesus, there is absolutely no prerequisite that we find a place of peace or tranquility in order to pray. The gospels tell us about how he prayed while at the Last Supper, at Gethsemane, and on Golgotha. These were times of tremendous grief and suffering, and he prayed right there in the chaos.

I have found over the past few months that praying in the chaos of the everyday is entirely possible. It helps me to refocus, and can even energize my spirit. So, let this be an encouragement! Pray today. Pray all day. Pray when you are frazzled! Pray when you are happy. Pray gratefully. Pray quickly. Pray a word. Pray a smile. Pray a tear. Pray a breath.


Today, I will pray unceasingly, blessing and praising the name of Jesus.


Saint Salvator of Horta, who teaches us to reestablish our priorities in life before asking for healing, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment