Sunday, March 20, 2016

March 20, 2016 - Sunday

He humbled himself,
becoming obedient to death, even death on a cross.
Because of this, God greatly exalted him
and bestowed on him the name
that is above every name. (Philippians 2:8-9 NABRE)

When Jesus prayed at the Mount of Olives, he "prayed, saying, 'Father, if you are willing, take this cup away from me; still, not my will but yours be done.'” (Luke 22:42) To humble himself completely as he did, especially when considering his true nature, set an example that has lived on through millennia. I am still learning how full of pride I am, and how difficult it is for me to live even a small measure of Christ's humility. And yet, I continue to struggle against my inclination to think too highly of myself.


Today, on this Palm Sunday of the Lord’s Passion, I will try to be obedient to the Father's will, as Jesus was.


Saint Salvator of Horta, known to heal the sick with the Sign of the Cross, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment