Monday, March 7, 2016

March 7, 2016 - Monday

Seek good and not evil,
that you may live;
Then truly the LORD, the God of hosts,
will be with you as you claim. (Amos 5:14 NABRE)

Amos was a prophet of divine judgment whose message stands as one of the most powerful voices ever to challenge hypocrisy and injustice. He delivered his oracles in about the year 750 B.C.*

The fundamental call to seek good and not evil is a strong statement exhorting us even today to turn our hearts around.

This week, I have found myself returning to thoughts of Jesus as a brother and a friend. I have been involved in conversation with him. Thinking of his real presence with me. There is something about just being in his company that enriches me. I am reminded that there is good, that I have choices, and that my Lord is not ever too far away.


Today, on this Monday of the Fourth Week of Lent, I will be joyful in Jesus' presence.


Saints Perpetua and Felicity, young mothers in second-century Carthage, North Africa, who were martyred for refusing to renounce your faith in Christ, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment