Thursday, March 31, 2016

March 31, 2016 - Thursday

He said to them, “These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the law of Moses and in the prophets and psalms must be fulfilled.”
Then he opened their minds to understand the scriptures.
And he said to them, “Thus it is written that the Messiah would suffer and rise from the dead on the third day
and that repentance, for the forgiveness of sins, would be preached in his name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.
You are witnesses of these things. (Luke 24:44-48 NABRE)

The risen Jesus. The man who had died and then came back to life, overcoming death, joined his friends. They became witnesses to his resurrection. The group of them spoke with him, touched him, even ate with him. And he explained to them in the clearest terms how his experiences fulfilled what the prophets had written.


Today, I will remember that Jesus calls me to repentance, and he does so with the authority of God's own Son, the Messiah promised to God's people. And I remember that he is the one who fulfilled all prophecy and overcame death--with witnesses--so that you and I could be reconciled to God and share in his inheritance eternally. And I will put aside my own pride, laziness and fear which keep me from growing closer to the heart of Jesus.


Saint Benjamin, martyr and deacon, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment