Monday, March 28, 2016

March 28, 2016 - Monday

Then [Mary Magdalene and the other Mary] went away quickly from the tomb, fearful yet overjoyed, and ran to announce this to his disciples.
And behold, Jesus met them on their way and greeted them. They approached, embraced his feet, and did him homage.
Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid. Go tell my brothers to go to Galilee, and there they will see me.” (Matthew 28:8-11 NABRE)

The risen Jesus appeared first to these two women who had come to see the tomb. For days now, in their grief, his friends must have felt hopeless, defeated, and afraid. Despite that, in their desperate loss, they ventured to the tomb just as we would today.

During the past few days, if you've been imagining yourself, along with me, sitting at the foot of the cross, then imagine with me now what it was like for these women! Perhaps it all made no sense, or perhaps, as incredible as it was, everything began to make a little sense to them in that moment.


Today, I will live each moment as intently as I can, aware that God is in this moment with me.


Saint Catharine of Bologna, patron of artists and who wrote a book on the seven spiritual weapons to be used against temptation, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment