Thursday, May 1, 2014

May 1, 2014 - Thursday

O God, a new song I will sing to you;
on a ten-stringed lyre I will play for you. (Psalms 144:9 NABRE)


Good habits.

David, a new king when he wrote this, faced constant military pressure from his neighboring countries.  Yet we can see that in the midst of his most daunting troubles he made time to remember God was the source of his strength and to praise him in song.

I might go so far as to say that if there is only one good habit worth adopting, this is it!

How do I build a good habit?  Over the years, I've worked at developing many habits, with varying degrees of success; but in each case, the answer has three stages:  The first is simply to begin.  To create a habit for yourself, start to do that thing you hope for.  Secondly, the general rule of thumb is to repeat your action for one month and it will become your habit.  And thirdly, keep at it.  There will indeed be times when you will miss an occasion, so continue on and start again the next day.


Today, in the face of any of life's pressures, I will make time to remember and praise God, the source of my strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment