Saturday, May 10, 2014

May 10, 2014 - Saturday

Then Jesus said to her in reply, “O woman, great is your faith! Let it be done for you as you wish.” (Matthew 15:28 NABRE)


Oh God, I ask that you give us great faith, like the faith of this frightened and desperate mother who came to Jesus asking him to save her daughter.  She trusted and believed in your son despite having no real knowledge of who he was!  Such faith is a gift only you can give.

My God, I ask that you share this kind of faith with us, strengthen our resolve, and open our minds and hearts to your presence.

Lord, please do not withdraw your gift of faith from us, even if we should wander and question whether or not you are present with us.  Please do not withdraw your gift of faith from me, even if I should grow angry with you.  And please do not withdraw your free gift of faith from us, even if we should question why you would allow us to suffer in this life.

Rather, I ask that you allow this gift of faith to flare up within us at times of difficulty as a clear and personal sign of your presence.

Finally, I ask that you guard and protect us from deserting you, especially when life's struggles lead us away, tempt us away, and push us away from you!


Today, I will pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy for all whose faith will be tested this day.


No comments:

Post a Comment