Wednesday, October 14, 2015

October 14, 2015 - Wednesday

My soul rests in God alone,
from whom comes my salvation.
God alone is my rock and salvation,
my fortress; I shall never fall. (Psalm 62:2-3 NABRE)

What a wonderful song to sing! It resonates in my heart. I need rest, protection, and the hope of salvation. God alone provides these.

To turn entirely to God for rest is something I can do! It means I recognize the Lord as the one who can actually meet my deep need for real rest.

To turn to God for protection against all sorts of threats gives me strength to endure circumstances I could never otherwise handle.

To trust in God and his promise of salvation is a constant reminder of why it is important and valuable to endure, to believe, and to have faith.


Today, I will praise the Lord for his faithfulness toward me, providing rest, protection, and hope.


Saint Callistus I, the first pope (except for Peter) to be commemorated as a martyr in the earliest martyrology of the Church, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment