Tuesday, October 6, 2015

October 6, 2015 - Tuesday

If you, LORD, keep account of sins,
Lord, who can stand?
But with you is forgiveness
and so you are revered. (Psalm 130:3-4 NABRE)

It is very difficult to think of myself as someone who needs God's forgiveness. I try to live a good life, to treat others well, and to share what I have with those less fortunate. And yet, I know the Lord could track my offenses, listing them in the register of my account, until the day I close it out, at which time he could evaluate my final balance. As uncomfortable as it makes me, I know I could never, by my own effort, generate a positive balance for myself.

But our God is a forgiving God! And when he forgives me, I gain first-hand a experience of his love. God wants a relationship with me so desperately, he is willing to forgive me time and time again. And Our Father calls me to the freedom that comes when I forgive others who, like me, do not deserve it and cannot earn it.


Today, I will forgive those who have harmed me in the past, seeking to reflect this most beautiful quality of God's love.


Saint Bruno, given to God through constant prayer and ready penance, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment