Wednesday, October 7, 2015

October 7, 2015 - Wednesday

Be gracious to me, Lord;
to you I call all the day. (Psalm 86:3 NABRE)

Mercy. Pity. Favor. These are some other translations for "gracious" in this passage. One thing is clear, as one commentator says, "The best self-preservation is to commit ourselves to God's keeping."* And so, we are wise to call out to God in prayer at all times, confident that he hears and answers us.

Lord God, you are concerned about all of your creation, and I am grateful for the experience of my life. Thank you for the awareness of your overwhelming desire to have a relationship with me. Thank you for the humbling reality that you listen for me to call on you. I know you answer my pleas. I know you reach back in love each time I reach to you in faith. Thank you, Jesus. Praise you my Lord.


Today, I will call out to the Lord, asking for his mercy and confident that he will hear and answer me.


Mary, Our Lady of the Rosary, pray for us.

The Creation of Adam*

No comments:

Post a Comment