Monday, October 19, 2015

October 19, 2015 - Monday

Then he said to the crowd, “Take care to guard against all greed, for though one may be rich, one’s life does not consist of possessions.” (Luke 12:15 NABRE)

Jesus' words here do not say we should avoid having possessions, nor does he say that wealth is bad. Look at how he focuses on our hearts, our attitudes. He tells us to guard against greed. Now that is a challenge!

Lord Jesus, thank you for teaching me to turn my heart to you and not to money--I seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness. I do not worry about all these things around me, these possessions. I am confident in your desire and ability to provide me with all I need so that I might do my small part in building your kingdom here on Earth. Jesus, keep me mindful of your great love and mercy, so that I might share the same with others.


Today, I will look closely at my own mindset regarding my possessions, seeking to put aside my greed.


Saint Isaac Jogues, Jean de Brébeuf and Companions, eight Jesuit martyrs of North America who were canonized in 1930, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment