Friday, October 16, 2015

October 16, 2015 - Friday

Are not five sparrows sold for two small coins? Yet not one of them has escaped the notice of God.
Even the hairs of your head have all been counted. Do not be afraid. You are worth more than many sparrows. (Luke 12:6-7 NABRE)

In today's passage, Jesus tells a crowd not to fear the inevitable persecutions of men that will come when they acknowledge what they know about Jesus. Jesus is exhorting the crowd to be courageous even when under pressure from others. He tells them God will protect them. Jesus also warns them to fear the persecution of God if they deny what they know about Jesus.

Jesus concludes his exhortation with these words, "I tell you, everyone who acknowledges me before others the Son of Man will acknowledge before the angels of God. But whoever denies me before others will be denied before the angels of God. (Luke 12:9-10)


Today, I will acknowledge Jesus as God's son who is worthy of all my praise.


Saint Margaret Mary Alacoque, who said, "I need nothing but God, and to lose myself in the heart of Jesus," pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment