Tuesday, October 27, 2015

October 27, 2015 - Tuesday

I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us. (Romans 8:18 NABRE)

The glory that believers are destined to share with Christ far exceeds the sufferings of the present life. Paul considers the destiny of the created world to be linked with the future that belongs to the believers. As it shares in the penalty of corruption brought about by sin, so also will it share in the benefits of redemption and future glory that comprise the ultimate liberation of God’s people.*

Lord God, thank you sharing with me your Spirit. Knowing that I am already sharing in the first fruits of your promised full freedom, I am energized and encouraged to persevere. When life becomes burdensome, I turn to you and you hear me. You lift me out of my suffering to a place of joy and peace. Lord, even amidst the trials of today, I never cease to find solace whenever I encounter your Spirit. Thank you for that.


Today, I will be grateful for the Spirit of God living in me.


Blessed Bartholomew of Vicenza, who used your skills as a preacher to challenge the heresies of your day, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment