Thursday, June 26, 2014

June 26, 2014 - Thursday

I, I am the LORD;
there is no savior but me. (Isaiah 43:11 NABRE)


Here, the Lord is speaking through the prophet to all Israel.  As part of a firm promise to restore and redeem the people from their exile in Babylon, God himself reminds us that he is the one true God and their only savior.  As part of his Word, he also speaks directly to me.

Lord, I place my complete faith in you.  I trust your Word and seek you each day.  Through your Holy Spirit, please help me to stay mindful of your presence in my life, in each moment that you give to me, so that I may overcome my own selfishness, be your witness to others, and be made worthy of the promises of Christ.


Today, I will pray the rosary for peace and seek to be aware of the Holy Spirit in my day.


Our Lady of Fatima, who in 1917 reminded us to pray the rosary, pray for us.
Saint Josemaria Escriva de Balaguer, who in 1928 founded Opus Dei and teaches us to find God in everyday life, pray for us.
Saint John Paul II, who in 1978 asked us to open wide the door to Christ, pray for us.
Saint Peregrine, patron of cancer patients, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment