Saturday, June 14, 2014

June 14, 2014 - Saturday

I will give the victor the right to sit with me on my throne, as I myself first won the victory and sit with my Father on his throne. (Revelation 3:21 NABRE)


Just the other day, while sitting at a nearly deserted McCook's Point beach, I was discussing the empty lifeguard chairs.  There were three teenagers hanging around, sitting on, and playing by one of the chairs.  As they passed a few minutes laughing and enjoying the sea breeze, it occurred to me that every teenager in that town, at one time or another, must have occupied one of those chairs!  Each one of them, imagining what it would be like to be the lifeguard on duty.  Wondering what it must be like to have the skills, authority and responsibility to protect swimmers on this beach.

Today's reading from Revelation is a statement made by Jesus intended to strongly discourage lukewarm faith and to encourage me to open the door of my heart to him when he knocks.


Today, I will welcome Jesus, my lifeguard, into my heart, looking forward to sitting with him on his throne.


Saint Cecilia, patron of musicians, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment