Monday, December 22, 2014

December 22, 2014 - Monday

When Joseph awoke, he did as the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took his wife into his home.
He had no relations with her until she bore a son, and he named him Jesus. (Matthew 1:25 NABRE)

Have you ever stepped out in faith, turning an important matter over to God because you simply can't handle it yourself?

It's been said, "That which is conceived of the Holy Ghost never proves abortive, but will certainly be brought forth in its season."*

Imagine Joseph, betrothed* to Mary, finding out she is pregnant and knowing he is not the father. In the midst of all the emotions he must have felt, he is visited in a dream by an angel who explains that Mary was not unfaithful to him, but that the child was conceived by the holy Spirit. Joseph is told to continue with the marriage and to name the child Jesus. And he does.

Lord, grant me the faith to do as you ask especially when I am confused and hurt. When I am weak you are strong, so I ask only for the faith to trust in you when I no longer know what to do.


Today, I will trust in God's plan for my life, as Joseph did.


Saint Joseph, Husband of Mary and foster father of Jesus, pray for us.
Mary, mother of God, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment