Wednesday, December 3, 2014

December 3, 2014 - Wednesday

I command you: be strong and steadfast! Do not fear nor be dismayed, for the LORD, your God, is with you wherever you go. (Joshua 1:9 NABRE)

Leadership is a great challenge and leaders need resources to be effective. After Moses died, Joshua bacame responsible to lead the Israelites into the promised land of Canaan. In today's verse, the Lord promises Joshua, like Moses before him, that he will never leave him and instructs him to follow all his laws. Joshua will need courage and trust in God to conquer these new lands just as Moses did in order to lead his people out of slavery in Egypt. God promises to provide all that Joshua needs if he will follow the laws given to Moses.

Each of us is called to be a leader in our own circles. We may lead nations as Joshua did or we may lead households. We may lead classrooms or we may lead one child. We may lead at work or we may lead in our community. Wherever we lead, we need resources, courage and trust in God so that we are able to help others.

Lord, provide for me so that I may do your work during my lifetime. I ask that your Spirit continue to show me the steps I should take each day, and I ask for the courage to follow your laws and the trust to rely on your providence. My God, this life is frightening sometimes and it can be so easy to lose heart. Please remind me at times of trial that you are with me so that I might not fear or be dismayed any longer than necessary to remember your great strength.


Today, I will lean on the Lord in times of challenge.


Saint Francis Xavier, patron of missionaries, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment