Monday, May 11, 2015

May 11, 2015 - Monday

When the Advocate comes whom I will send you from the Father, the Spirit of truth that proceeds from the Father, he will testify to me.
And you also testify, because you have been with me from the beginning. (John 15:26-27 NABRE)

Jesus continues with very specific language here at the Last Supper. He directs the Apostles to testify about him to others. Jesus first reminds them that he will be sending them another Advocate like himself but in Spirit, from the Father. This Advocate will testify about Jesus--to the truth of who he was and what he came to do, but they too were to tell others about Jesus.

Lord Jesus, you established your Church here on earth so that all people might come to relationship with you. Thank you for seeking relationship with me, and for sharing the Spirit of truth so that I might come to know you in this life and to help others do the same. I testify to my experience with you through your Spirit, not only to find my way to you in the next life, but also to keep your Kingdom growing in this life.


Today, on this Monday of the Sixth Week of Easter, I will listen in my heart for the testimony of the Spirit of truth.


Saint Ignatius of Laconi, whose life teaches us much about keeping a holy attitude toward work, money and service, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment