Tuesday, May 26, 2015

May 26, 2015 - Tuesday

At that time Jesus said in reply, “I give praise to you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for although you have hidden these things from the wise and the learned you have revealed them to the childlike. (Matthew 11:25 NABRE)

While the wise and the learned, the scribes and Pharisees, have rejected Jesus’ preaching and the significance of his mighty deeds, the childlike have accepted them.

Acceptance depends upon the Father’s revelation, but this is granted to those who are open to receive it and refused to the arrogant.

Jesus can speak of all mysteries because he is the Son and there is perfect reciprocity of knowledge between him and the Father; what has been handed over to him is revealed only to those whom he wishes.*


Today, I will seek to be childlike rather than wise in the world's eyes. I will accept Jesus' preaching and the significance of his deeds. I will leave myself open to receive what God reveals through Jesus. I will put aside arrogance, looking for it in myself especially where it is disguised as confidence.


Saint Philip Neri, who prayed, "Let me get through today, and I shall not fear tomorrow," pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment