Tuesday, August 11, 2015

August 11, 2015 - Tuesday

Be strong and steadfast; have no fear or dread of them, for it is the LORD, your God, who marches with you; he will never fail you or forsake you. (Deuteronomy 31:8 NABRE)

Just before he died, Moses gave instruction and advice to Joshua who would lead the Israelites into the promised land and into conflict with the people already settled there. The "bottom line" of this advice is to stay aware that God himself marches with his people and will not fail them in battle.

My Lord, thank you for remaining with me. Thank you for your willingness never to fail or forsake your people. Help me to recognize you. Help me to understand, even at times of great loss, that you have not abandoned me. Lord, keep me strong today. Help me to remain steadfast by your strength when I am confronted. Take away all my fear and dread. I have no enemy but yours. I have no battle but yours. I seek to fearlessly confront your enemy in every moment and decision so that your will is done.


Today, I will be strong and steadfast as I follow the Lord.


Saint Clare of Assisi, patron of those with eye disorders, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment