Thursday, August 13, 2015

August 13, 2015 - Thursday

Then the LORD said to Joshua: Today I will begin to exalt you in the sight of all Israel, that they may know that, as I was with Moses, so I will be with you.
Now command the priests carrying the ark of the covenant, “When you come to the edge of the waters of the Jordan, there take your stand.” (Joshua 3:7-8 NABRE)

God works in our lives. He works through us in the lives of others. I appreciated the sense of immediate awareness of God's presence that Joshua must have felt on that day! Have you ever had a moment when you realized with perfect clarity that you are not alone, that God is really with you? It may have been fleeting but clear. It is an energizing moment, the type of moment that can change the course of your life.

Listen for God's whisper in your day. Recognize his companionship today. Know that even when your heart is far from him and when your feelings grow dark, he is right there. He is encouraging you and I, as he did for Joshua, to play our roles on this stage of life, so that others will know what God's children are like.


Today, I will seek my role in the community of the Lord, seeking only to serve others and bring them closer to God.


Saints Pontian and Hippolytus, opposing forces within the Church who were reconciled and then martyred together, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment