Friday, August 14, 2015

August 14, 2015 - Friday

And for this reason we too give thanks to God unceasingly, that, in receiving the word of God from hearing us, you received not a human word but, as it truly is, the word of God, which is now at work in you who believe. (1 Thessalonians 2:13 NABRE)

Again, Saint Paul reminds us that God is active and alive in our day! Through the words of Paul, the people of Thessalonica received the very word of God. And God's word was at work in them. When we read the same words of Paul, they go to work in us too!

Thank you, Lord God, for your Word. Thank you for your Word at work in me. Provide me with enough quiet in my mind and spirit to hear your Word in the moment I need it, and to act on it in that same moment without hesitation, with only confidence and certainty. Lord, thank you for the joy and peace which only your Word brings. May I be an instrument of your joy and peace today.


Today, I will celebrate the actual word of God at work in me!


Saint Maximilian Mary Kolbe, patron of addicts and drug addiction, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment