Wednesday, August 19, 2015

August 19, 2015 - Wednesday

Indeed, the word of God is living and effective, sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating even between soul and spirit, joints and marrow, and able to discern reflections and thoughts of the heart.(Hebrews 4:12 NABRE)

God's living word penetrates my soul and spirit. It knows the reflections and thoughts of my heart.

Lord God, you know me even better than I know myself. Grant me the humility and courage to engage with your word. I seek to cut away all that separates me from your love. I seek to know myself better--more like you know me, so that I may reform the reflections and thoughts of my heart.


Today, I will reflect on God's word in order to recognize my own weaknesses.


Saint John Eudes, who wrote about Jesus as the source of holiness and Mary as the model of the Christian life, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment