Tuesday, August 25, 2015

August 25, 2015 - Tuesday

LORD, you have probed me, you know me:
you know when I sit and stand;
you understand my thoughts from afar.
You sift through my travels and my rest;
with all my ways you are familiar.
Even before a word is on my tongue,
LORD, you know it all.
Behind and before you encircle me
and rest your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
far too lofty for me to reach. (Psalm 139:1-6 NABRE)

As children, we used to learn new things about ourselves every day. We discovered how to walk, talk, play games, think deliberately, and so much more. As adults, we still learn new things, though it sometimes seems infrequent.

Imagine knowing all you know about yourself, all you have ever learned plus all you will ever learn about yourself. Add to that all the things you will never know about yourself--the number of hairs on your head and so many other details about yourself.

God knows you. He knows you better than you can ever even know yourself. God is familiar with how you live your life. He is all around you and actually rests his hand on you. And he wants you to seek him, to acknowledge him, and to trust him just like a child trusts a faithful and loving father.


Today, I will marvel that God knows who I am and even who I will be, and he loves me anyway!


Saint Louis of France, who interpreted your kingly duties in the light of faith, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment