Friday, August 21, 2015

August 21, 2015 - Friday

He said to him, “You shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.
This is the greatest and the first commandment.
The second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
The whole law and the prophets depend on these two commandments.” (Matthew 22:37-50 NABRE)

Love is so much more than the feeling of being in love. And the deep, committed, sacrificial love Jesus intends in today's passage, reflects the very love that God has for each one of us. When we decide to love--and yes, this love is a decision we make every minute of every day, when we put someone else's needs ahead of our own, we bring a bit of God's perfect love into our world.

Lord God, thank you for the freedom to love. Thank you for your love and the chance to share it. I ask for the gift of humility, so that I will be able to put myself aside and put you forward, so that I will be able to put myself last and put my neighbor first.


Today, I will continue to choose to love God and others.


Saint Pius X, best remembered for his encouragement of the frequent reception of Holy Communion, especially by children, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment