Sunday, August 2, 2015

August 2, 2015 - Sunday

What we have heard and know;
things our ancestors have recounted to us.
We do not keep them from our children;
we recount them to the next generation,
The praiseworthy deeds of the LORD and his strength,
the wonders that he performed. (Psalm 78:3-4 NABRE)

One of the great awakenings of my life was when I first realized it is on me personally, as part of one generation, to make sure to pass on the knowledge of God to the next generation. At the end of the day, there is nothing more important that we need to know and share. The burden this awakening created compels me to speak and live as a child of God, to teach anyone willing to learn, and to encourage believers to put all their faith and trust in God.


Today, I will marvel at the way we remember God's greatness from generation to generation.


Saint Eusebius of Vercelli, the first to link the monastic life with that of the clergy, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment