Monday, August 24, 2015

August 24, 2015 - Monday

All your works give you thanks, LORD
and your faithful bless you.
They speak of the glory of your reign
and tell of your mighty works,
Making known to the sons of men your mighty acts,
the majestic glory of your rule. (Psalm 145:10-12 NABRE)

Only when we come to see ourselves as works of God's hands can we can recognize that our skills and abilities are given to us. Only when we see ourselves as created can we get comfortable with our purpose. Only when we see ourselves as purposeful can we choose to express our purpose by the way we live.

Lord God, I am filled with wonder as I come to recognize my purpose more and more deeply, which is to give you glory. You are the creator of all things. You created me for your own joy.  I give you thanks, Lord, and I bless you. I speak of your glory, your reign over all existence, and your mighty works. I look forward to the time when all mankind acknowledges that you are God.


Today, I will give thanks to the Lord.


Saint Bartholomew, Apostle of Jesus who some identify with Nathanael, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment