Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April 1, 2014 - Tuesday

Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels? (Matthew 26:53 NIV)

March was a powerful month in the verses we've been reading, with God's great mercy for us squarely in the spotlight!  And look at the beginning of April, the focus becomes laser sharp!  Today's verse is a stunning reminder of the CHOICE Jesus makes to submit to crucifixion on our behalf!

With our wonderful family news, with the miracle of new life on everyone's mind, I can only equate Jesus' choice with the lifetime of choices parents make to sacrifice everything for their children.  It helps me understand, at least a little, the complete giving of oneself for another who cannot possibly offer anything in return, except love.

Nearly incomprehensible!

Today, I will allow myself the pure joy of a child who is loved so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment