Friday, April 18, 2014

April 18, 2014 - Friday

“He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.” (I Peter 2:24 NIV)

Lord, I ask, in a special way today, Good Friday, that I may join my own pains and discomforts--even the small ones--with the suffering of Christ on that cross, so that even my hurts become like prayers.

Lord, please bless those who are challenged because they believe in you and who stand firm in their belief.  May they always hear even the smallest whisper of your Spirit at those times when temptation seems stronger than their own will, so that in those moments they find sudden and complete renewal and peace, confidence and boldness.  Even joy!

Today, I join my pain-prayers with Jesus' suffering, for others who need God's graces in times of faith challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment