Monday, April 14, 2014

April 14, 2014 - Monday

“‘When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. Leave them for the poor and for the foreigner residing among you. I am the Lord your God.’” (Leviticus 23:22 NIV)

The Lord expects his people to care for the poor.  We are charged with giving aid to those in need.  I am responsible to share some of what I am given with the less fortunate.

I have adopted the mindset that I own nothing in this world.  Rather, I am a steward of God's, a person who is responsible to look after some of his belongings.

All things belong to the Lord.  In today's verse, he tells me something about how he wants me to help spread things around so all people, even those who appear poor, share in his wealth.  One way to do that in our times is through Catholic Relief Services.

Today, I will prepare my donation for CRS Rice Bowl, a Lenten practice of sacrifice that's been around since 1975.

No comments:

Post a Comment