Sunday, November 23, 2014

November 23, 2014 - Sunday

Now Stephen, filled with grace and power, was working great wonders and signs among the people. (Acts 6:8 NABRE)


Stephen was "filled with faith and the Holy Spirit." We see in Acts 6 that he was selected with six others to help with the needs of the growing Christian community.* The same Holy Spirit of God that filled Stephen is in us today, and like Stephen we are called to follow where the Spirit leads us.

Lord Jesus, open my heart to the prompting of your Spirit. Show me my gifts. Lead me along the path of my life here on earth. In your mercy, console me and remove all my fear and anxiety so that I may grow continually in faith, hope and love. Thank you, Jesus.


Today, on this solemnity of our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Universe, I will remember your royal preference to be my Merciful Savior rather than my just Judge, and I will seek to do works of mercy by the strength you provide.


Saint Clement, third successor of St. Peter, one of the Church's five Apostolic Fathers, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment