Tuesday, November 25, 2014

November 25, 2014 - Tuesday

At this sound, they gathered in a large crowd, but they were confused because each one heard them speaking in his own language. (Acts 2:6 NABRE)


God speaks to each one of us in our own language. He walks with each of us in every circumstance and encounter we have--all of them. He shares himself with us in every good word and kind action. And sometimes he even talks to others through us!

Am I paying attention? Am I listening? Are my eyes open? Am I ready to hear God speak to me today?  Will I drop my defenses and open myself to the one who created me and who wants to say hello?!

Say yes. Pray for awareness. Pray for quiet, peace, just enough to recognize his gesture of greeting, just enough to hear his whisper into your life. Don't look for giant billboards and signs. Instead, seek small markers of love. Seek to recognize signs of hope and faith that look like compassion, sacrifice and mercy. Take notice of what these say to you. Listen to him speak!

Lord, thank you for the gift of your presence in my life and for awareness of your company during my day.


Today, I will listen for God to speak into my day.


Saint Catherine of Alexandria, patron of philosophers and students, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment