Thursday, January 16, 2014

January 16, 2014 - Thursday

The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand. (Psalm 37:23, 24 NIV)

Thank you Lord for making my steps in this life firm.  I have certainly stumbled, sometimes so badly I'd have sworn I fell!  But truly falling must be something much worse because I take great pleasure in being close to you, and trust that you have held me up during those stumbles!  The most amazing part of that is I was not even aware of it.  If I look back, hindsight sometimes shows me your hand on my life.

Today, I will look for God's hand on my shoulder--thinking back on a stumble of mine from the past, to see if I can recognize how he steadied me even when I lost my balance.


No comments:

Post a Comment