Wednesday, January 29, 2014

January 29, 2014 - Wednesday

Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you? (Matthew 18:33 NIV)

Double standards.  If I'm honest, I sometimes hold others to one standard, and myself to another (usually lower) standard.  In this case, Jesus is telling a story to his followers to illustrate the point that God forgives each of us regardless of how much we need to be forgiven, as long as we ask.  But we, in turn, are expected to forgive others who owe us a debt..I think this is especially true when they ask us for our patience.

Today, I will be patient with those around me, remembering that God has been more patient with me than I deserve.

1 comment:

  1. First thing I did when I woke up was read this great reminder! Then I went to facebook and while scrolling through my wall this appeared!

    "The greatest mess up is not forgiving others for their mess ups!"

    http://elitedaily.com/news/world/throughout-the-history-of-mankind-nobody-has-summed-up-life-as-well-as-this-kid-just-did-video/

    - Linda

    ReplyDelete