Monday, January 6, 2014

January 4, 2014 - Saturday

Behold, God exalteth by his power:  who teacheth like him?  -Job 36: verse 22

What?  Wow!  Great back story on this one--better than the verse would suggest!    Have you ever lost anything or anyone really important to you , and leaned on a friend, and been so down you couldn't really hold it together?  That happened to this guy named Job.  And after listening patiently to him go on and on about how terrible things had gotten--and they were bad, really bad, his friend noticed that Job was focused only on himself.  This guy was a real friend!  He reminds him that this life is about more than me.  God put us here for a reason.  Not only does that change in perspective help me feel better personally, it gets me focused on what matters most.

Today, I'm going to try and focus on what matters most, and considering my purpose for being here.

No comments:

Post a Comment