Saturday, January 25, 2014

January 25, 2014 - Saturday

The Lord loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love. (Psalm 33:5 NIV)

Signs.  God lives.  He is real.  He is present. And he leaves signs everywhere as reminders for us.

I initially think of children when confronted with the ideas of fairness and doing what is right.  But rightness and fairness affect me personally everyday.  And like the toddler who seems to ask why with every breath, I typically want the reason I should think and act with these qualities.  One big reason is  in today's psalm...because God loves it when I do!

Yet, the really moving part of this verse is what strikes me after considering it for a while.  The Lord wants me to act with respect toward others because when I do, I actually become a sign on this earth of him and of his unfailing love!  Just wow!

And so my eyes can start to see God and his love in all the expressions of respect and fairness that happen around me each day!  A helping hand.  Kind words offered freely.

Today, I will watch for signs and I will be a sign to someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment