Monday, January 27, 2014

January 27, 2014 - Monday

He reveals the deep things of darkness and brings utter darkness into the light. (Job 12:22 NIV)

It's common to swallow one's words these days.  We do it all the time, typically in the name of politeness or political correctness.  We don't want to offend anyone, so we say nothing--most of the time.  But every now and then, grief opens a door for us.  Suffering gives us a window to speak.  As the air comes in and goes out in those brief times, we can be honest.  We can speak our truth into the air.  We can cry or scream.  We can revolt loudly against the hand we are dealt.  We can rant.  We can shake our hands in anger and dismay.  And it is ok.

And then we pull ourselves together.

Job, my friend, in your pain you speak wisdom I struggle to understand even in contemplation!  You see the utter grandeur of God in all things, and in your tremendous suffering, you speak them into my heart.

Today, I will feel my real feelings and even if they hurt, I will not forget that God may be bringing them to light so I can heal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment