Sunday, February 9, 2014

February 10, 2014 - Monday

But I say unto you, that in this place is one greater than the temple.  -Matthew 12:6

The twelfth chapter of Matthew is a confrontation between Jesus and a group of religious men who accuse his friends of breaking their man-made sabbath rules.  And Jesus, rather than debating with them, begins to teach them about himself.

It must be human nature because it seems to happen to everyone.  Getting caught up in my own narrow way of thinking, making my little "rules" about how things ought to be done, and even deciding that others should follow my rules!  It feels silly as I write it down, but I know I've done it!  And instead of worrying about making everyone conform to my limited understanding, I think things will work out better if I point them to the real authority on how we should live our lives, to God's word.

Today, I will pray for a clear head in confrontation so that I will not be drawn into flawed arguments but rather that I will maintain focus on Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment