Wednesday, February 26, 2014

February 26, 2014 - Wednesday

From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me,” says the Lord. (Isaiah 66:23 NIV)

Prophets fascinate me, but still I wonder, if I was alive nearly 3000 years ago, what I would have thought of Isaiah the prophet?  Or if I was alive about 2000 years ago, I wonder what I would have thought of Jesus and his friends.  And that challenges me to consider how I think of and treat holy people living right now.

I have to be careful in my own attitude so I don't get cynical toward believers.  Sound odd coming from someone who claims to believe?  Maybe, but it's true.  I can look down on others who either worship differently or who understand things differently, because I can be so sure of my own opinions!  Like yesterday's verse, this is when I rely on my own "wisdom" rather than turning to God's wisdom in evaluating things.  Jesus once said to his disciples,  "He who is not against us is for us. (Mark 9:40 NIV)  That is something worth considering.

Today, I will look for all the different ways the Holy Spirit makes appearances in those around me!

No comments:

Post a Comment